Thursday, April 27, 2006

Mommymatic's 1st Celebrity Comment and Other Randomness

So remember back when we were having a ton of sleep problems and I wrote this really snarky “questions for the experts” post?

Well, one of them WROTE BACK this week. Seriously! Elizabeth Pantley, author of “The No-Cry Sleep Solution” answered my questions and was, I admit, much nicer about it than I could possibly have deserved. In fact, if you read the comment she left, I think you’ll agree she’s kind of a class act. When I emailed her back to try and figure out if, in fact, it was her and not someone with waaaaay too much time on their hands impersonating Elizabeth Pantley, she confirmed that she was, in fact, who she said she was, and even said we could be friends despite the fact that I do in fact now employ the “Some-Cry Sleep Solution.” So I feel this is a milestone for Mommymatic. My first celebrity drive-by. Woo hoo.

In other news, we in fact have four, count ‘em, FOUR molars currently making inroads in the mouth of one small boy in our house. When I first discovered this tasty nugget o’ news, it made me kind of second-guess the whole 'intelligent design' bit, but then I figured, what the hey, at least we only have to go through it once-ish instead of four. separate. times. And those molars are freaking HUGE. I mean, I had no idea there was that much available real estate in D’s mouth. I thought maybe he was chewing on, say, a hankie or bedsheet or something, but, no, it was just the 50-inch home theater system of baby teeth.

Okay, almost enough randomity. I leave you with two small scraps of cuteness for your weekend: One, we discovered today that D can correctly identify his
  • bellybutton

  • ear

  • nose

  • foot

  • head

  • penis
And two, he now does this when he finds flowers:

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing