Sunday, February 12, 2006

What's the meme-ing of this?

Dang! Memed again--I feel so like the kid who came late to the party on the meme thing. Anyway, I was tagged this time by Lisaopolis. My answers won't be as exciting as hers, I'm sure, but heeeere we go. I won't tag anyone for this one, but if you end up doing it, let me know in the comments box.

Four jobs you've had in your life (in my case, Life Before Mommyhood):
Mosquito Control for Meckelenburg County, NC. I wish I were kidding.
Tagger of Red Cockaded Woodpeckers at Carolina Sandhills National Wildlife Refuge, McBee, SC. You cannot make this stuff up. Seriously.
Oral History Transcriptionist, Lousiana State University in Baton Rouge. Firsthand stories of the Civil Rights Movement. Can't beat it.
Peace Corps Volunteer, Suwalki, Poland.

Four Movies you would watch over and over:
[disclaimer: I am a child of the 80s. This is important.]
Steel Magnolias (I'm also from the South)
Any of the original Star Wars Trilogy. (An unspoken rule in the Matic household is that if Star Wars, Empire or Jedi are on a station we're clicking through, we must stop and watch whatever's left of the film)
Ace Ventura, Pet Detective. The dolphin scene. Dude.
Dangerous Liaisons. John Malkovich=H.O.T.

Four places you have lived:
Radom, Poland. Arguably, the armpit of the universe.
Asheville, NC, as in "God kissed the ground and called it Asheville."
Raunheim, Germany (back when there was an "East" and "West" Germany--it's on the S-14 between Frankfurt and Wiesbaden)
State College, PA. Obviously.

Four TV shows you love to watch:
The West Wing
CSI: Miami
Scruuuubs
Conviction (even though not one single episode has aired yet, my husband has already crowned me a total slut for this show once the Olympics are over. Sadly, I think he's going to be right.)

Four places you have been on vacation:
Out West, A Driving Trip On Which I Found Out I was Pregnant, May 2004 Click the link to see our interactive map with pics
Torremolinos, Spain, Where I discovered I do, in fact, love topless beaches as much as Daddymatic does, May 2001
Italy, Christmas 1998
Hungary in its "Behind the Iron Curtain-Call" phase, June 1988

Four websites I visit daily:
Bloglines (to see if Cookie, The Junipers, Lisa, Kat, T'pon, Granny, Emily , Belinda or Heather have updated overnight)
Yahoo for mail
My own dang blog, to see how my 5 readers are doing
Site meter's site, to see if I can win this dang contest

Four of my favorite foods:
Fresh pineapple
Penn State Creamery ice cream (it's where two guys named Ben and Jerry learned their stuff)
Daddymatic's chocolate chip cookies
Bacon. Or sausage. Pretty much any pork product. I mean, I did live in Poland.

Four places I'd rather be right now:
Any of the sunny, warm ones
Visting where-ever in the heck we're going to be living next year (because then I'd know where we're going to be living next year)
Baton Rouge, LA, eating crawfish etoufee and beignets
Right here with the D-train and Daddymatic, as cheesy as that sounds, only with Bee-bee, Grampy, Nana, and kimnjim here with us.