Friday, October 14, 2005

Ach, der zeitgeist

So I was lurking on a couple of other mama's blogs and came across the very cool site flickr, which allowed me to upload pics in my own space at their website (click here for that) and also runs a very cool tiled picture thingy on my blog (look to the left, underneath the "cool blogs" roll call.) Isn't that awesome? This rocks on several levels, one of which is that I can publish pix without having to put them in my blog or bug my husband to go to campus to update Davis's site. It's not that my husband can't or won't do it, it's just that he is very, very busy right now--he's looking for a job that will allow me to be home with the Bug for a while longer and not have to feel we are scrounging just to keep the proverbial wolf from the door on the well-intentioned but very small graduate stipend on which we are currently living. (I dare you to count the prepositional phrases in that last sentence! Whew!) If I could stop working, I might be able to a. finish my albatross, uh, that is, my dissertation or b. eat bon-bons while watching bad daytime TV.

Oh, who am I kidding? I might have time for a bon--singular--but certainly no time for anything except maybe Between the Lions or Veggie Tales (can you tell I'm waaay into being able to link text with a url?). Anyway, happy pic viewing!