Friday, November 18, 2005

Now that I'm a mama. . .

These are things I say WAY too much:

What is that in your mouth? LetmeseeletmeseeletmeSEE!

Let’s just get takeout.

Oh my, do you smell that? (often followed by, “Hmm, someone needs a diaper change.”)

Yes, [cat name], I will get to your needs in a minute.

The wheels on the bus go round and round (often with supplemental lyrics, such as: the oil on the bus goes drip-drip-drip, the brakes on the bus go squeak-squeak-squeak and the old ladies on the bus go snore-snore-snore)

I’ll get him (this is actually in competition with “You don’t mind? You’re the best!”).

Didn’t we just do it last week?

Sweetie, don’t chew on the book/bite Mama/maul the cat.

These are things I don’t say enough:

Thank you.

Oh, the dissertation’s going great.

What can I do for you this morning?

Actually, I’m all caught up on laundry/dishes/errands.

You are the best husband/baby/cat/mom/dad/sister.