Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Doing the wave

On Monday, his ten-month birthday, the Boy Wonder waved for the first time. It was exhilarating. I was sitting next to him eating my breakfast, and he was sitting in his babyjail, gazing intently at my cereal. Since he had already had his breakfast, I told him this was mama’s cereal and that it wasn’t for him. Not one to be dissuaded so easily, he gave me his most charming smile (as a bribe, I’m sure), and I smiled back and looked away.

When I looked away, he started waving his hand as if he was saying “Yo! Over here! Stay with me, lady. Focus! So…where are we on the cereal?”

Of course, when I dragged out the video camera, he refused to wave until I did it like 10 times, but finally he felt sorry for me (or embarrassed, it’s hard to say) and waved at the camera a little. I’m going to try and post the video here—it’s a little Blair-witch shaky and I sound like a dork, but it does capture the little genius doing his latest trick. Note his rather self-satisfied expression and his triumphant little jump at the end.

Oh, and big, big ups to my friend Lauren, who told me about JussPress and their awesome free video upload service.



Upload Video at JussPress.com